9.4.6-Step 6-Review need for ONS
Step 6- Review need for ONS
Review period depends on clinical need, good practice suggests initial review after maximum one month then at least three monthly thereafter.
- Review weight and MUST score, to re-assess condition and continued need for ONS:
- Has the underlying condition resolved or deteriorated?
- Have the goals of treatment been met?
- Reinforce food first advice
- Can the person safely make meals and nourishing drinks or someone is available to do so on their behalf? (consider suitability of a powdered product)
- Ascertain compliance and tolerance of present oral nutritional supplements.